Becoming a Volunteer
- Complete a Volunteer Application.
- Download application online
- Call (530) 876-2134 or (530) 876-7995, ext. 7789, for an application to be mailed to you
- Email email@example.com for an application to be mailed to you
- Pick up an application at the main lobby desk or the Thrift Shop
- Upon receipt of the application, references will be checked and a background check will be performed by the Volunteer Services Office.
- An interview will be scheduled by the Volunteer Manager or Volunteer Membership Secretary.
- Upon a successful interview, new volunteers complete two Tuberculosis tests (done free of charge through Feather River Hospital Employee Health).
- Complete several orientations (scheduled through Volunteer Manager or Membership Secretary).
- 4-hour General Employee Orientation
- 1-hour Self-Study Volunteer Orientation
- On-the-Job Orientation
- A 100-bed facility, serving residents in and around Paradise, California
- Awarded the Gold Level, California Award for Performance Excellence in 2008 and 2010
- Staffed by over 160 physicians, 1,000 employees and 290 volunteers